Accessing PenTablet coordinates from PyGTK

Patrick Dubroy pdubroy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:35:27 EDT 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Andres Salomon <dilinger at queued.net> wrote:
[...]
> > I've tried setting SendCoreEvents to false, and then creating a GTK
>  > widget and registering for extension events. This allows to receive
>  > motion events from the PenTablet, but the x and y values in the event
>  > object are "inf" and "nan". Anybody know why this would be? Any
>  > suggestions?
>  >

>  Have you tried using a kernel from the master branch?  In that, the PT
>  coordinates are ABS by default.

I just got around to trying this now. I grabbed a kernel from the
master branch built on 20080123, and the PenTablet works, but it still
controls the core pointer in relative mode. If the coordinates are
ABS, what kind of behaviour should I be seeing? And any idea where I
could poke around to see what the problem is?