State of the update.1

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Mar 7 15:57:41 EST 2008

Walter Bender wrote:
> Let's you and I take a look at the console problem. I cannot imagine
> it is difficult to sort out.

The problem is just that we do not load our customized keymaps
because a clean integration in the kbd package would need a bit
of work to detect OLPC at run-time and prepend a new "olpc/"
directory to the search path in this case.

To make it happen in Update.1 quickly, I vote for a quick & dirty
Pilgrim hack: we'd basically just have to overwrite es.map.gz and
pt.map.gz in /lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/ with the versions
attached to the bug.

This will gain us time to find out how to integrate olpc
keymaps properly with the package maintainer in the next
release cycle.

Dennis, how does it sound to you?

--
 \___/