Why is Terminal 'extra' ?

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Mar 7 08:55:23 EST 2008

> Terminal, Log Viewer, and Analyze are not included in the core build,
> but they *are* included in the core *library*.  That is, you can
> always install them, even though they may not show up by default in
> the toolbar.

I did not realize that - your answer settles my concern (i.e., that
a user "under a tree" ought to be able to install Terminal if it was
not "included" in the build).

But it would be nice if the documentation were clearer.  The wiki
mentions "library" many times, but most of those references are to
libraries out in cyberspace, or at the school.  There is info about
the Activities resident in the XO;  there ought to be more info
about the Library resident in the XO.  [Because I originally had
problems with Browse, had not explored its sidebar capabilities.]

mikus