Report about Peru Deployment of the XOs/OLPC project

info at olpc-peru.info info at olpc-peru.info
Thu Mar 6 19:42:43 EST 2008

_*Report about Peru Deployment of the XOs/OLPC project*_
March, 6. 2008

Today I have met Mr. Oscar Becerra, he is the person in charge of the
"DIGETE" or "Direccion General de Tecnologias Educativas" (General
Management of Educative Tecnologies).  This area depends directly of the
Vice Minister of Pedagogic Management that reports to the Secretary of
Education.

DIGETE is in charge of keeping the "Huascaran Project", the OLPC
Peruvian project, and other themes included "distance education" (tele
education).  Mr. Becerra was very kind and helpfull in providing some
guidelines about how the OLPC project is working in Peru.

Here some my questions and his answers (conversation was not recorded so
any inaccuracy could be my fault and I am copying this message to Mr.
Becerra so he can rectify, modify or add any extra information).

Question (Javier Rodriguez): the OLPC project is going to use some of
the infrastructure that the Huascaran project can provide?
Answer (Oscar Becerra): That is not the route that has been planned.
The OLPC XOs machines will have their own method to connect to the
Internet, mainly not related to the Huascaran Project.

Q: How many schools are connected to the Huascaran project?