State of the update.1

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Mar 6 19:29:25 EST 2008

Mitch Bradley wrote:

>> I've got the patch in some test builds. Works in secure mode but has
>> problems when the machine is unlocked.  Should not be a problem to
>> have it fixed in time for Update.1.
>>

> Note that the patch doesn't affect the non-secure-mode behavior.  The
> best way to fix that would be to change olpc.fth to have a similar
> behavior (i.e. check the power status before committing to the "flash"
> command and warn/drive on).

Right. The current behavior in unlocked mode is exactly the same as it
was before.

I've still not managed to make my laptop actually boot even with what
appears to be the correct manual boot commands.  Kernel panics with no
init.  So I'm missing a detail somewhere.

I'm headed off-line for the next 3 days.  When I'm back on Sunday I'll
patch up olpc.fth to work like secure-mode.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child