How can I prevent 'suspend' ?

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Thu Mar 6 17:04:09 EST 2008

mikus wrote:
 > No wireless; instead an USB-ethernet adapter.  Whenever the XO
 > suspends, it drops power on the USB.  Then, when it resumes, it
 > connects  eth0  to the radio instead of to the ethernet.  To avoid

when i had use of my (borrowed) XO, and was using a USB adapter,
it appeared as eth1.  how/why is eth0 going away completely?
and if that's not preventable, could ifrename help?

i'm just thinking that allowing suspend to be graceful might be
preferable to disallowing it at all.  (but forgive me if you've
already discarded these options.)

paul