New update.1 build 696

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Mar 5 10:14:07 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:00 AM, Guillaume Desmottes
<guillaume.desmottes at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
>  Le mercredi 05 mars 2008 à 09:28 +0200, Morgan Collett a écrit :
> > C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>  > > On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 10:46 PM, Build Announcer v2 <reinier at heeres.eu> wrote:
>  > >> http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/olpc/streams/update.1/build696
>  > >>  Changes in build 696 from build: 695
>  > >>  -sugar-presence-service 0.75.2-1.olpc2
>  > >>  +sugar-presence-service 0.75.1-1.olpc2
>  > >
>  > > Don't we need the school-server-detection bits in s-p-s 0.75.2? (trac
>  > > #6299).  The suggestion in the trac bug is that we need to include the
>  > > newer Pippy, not revert s-p-s.  Unless the sugar developers plan to
>  > > fix trac #6299 in some other way?
>  >
>  > Last I heard this wasn't actually tested yet with a real schoolserver,
>  > and Daf and Guillaume were going to change the patch in some way, so
>  > from my perspective it's not ready for Update.1. Dennis said it was only
>  > tagged into build 695 for the tests last week - so it can still be
>  > tested as-is with that build.
>
>  According to our tests, this patch seems to work pretty well but we are
>  still a bit unsure about Salut restarting after 2 minutes if Gabble
>  didn't connect.

We should be making update.1 builds we can test.  If this patch is
necessary for Peru (which it is, to my understanding) let's get it
back in the build (with the updated Pippy) so that we can find and fix
whatever other problems may crop up.   What should we test to
eliminate your uncertainty about "Salut restarting after 2 minutes if
Gabble didn't connect"?
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )