New update.1 build 696

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Mar 5 10:02:38 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:13 PM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many pieces dropped from this build, maybe because of
>  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6598
>  Could you explain more rationale behind these change?

We have a new customization mechanism:
   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_key
This allows countries to easily add activities to their builds.  In
order for this to work, the base build must have only those activities
we insist all countries include (or those like Journal, which are
necessary for the operation of the system).  An activity updater
mechanism will allow independent upgrades of activities, separate from
the base system.  When update.1 is released, we'll provide an
'activity pack' for G1G1 folks to allow them to keep their current
activity set when they update.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )