Issue of Signing Custom Builds

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Mar 5 09:49:32 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>  On Mar 5, 2008, at 14:51 , C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>  > Please see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_key which is our
>  > supported mechanism for customizing your build.  You/we need to figure
>  > out a way to install Adobe's flash in /home, either by creating an
>  > activity which extends Browse and includes the plugin, or else by
>  > using some /home/olpc/.gecko/plugins type mechanism.
>
>  With the image customization it could simply be installed as rpm, no?
>  Presumably the customization would also disable automatic system
>  updates.

The customization key only writes to /home, which permits the
automatic system updates to work correctly.  This also allows
customization to be safe w.r.t. initial-activation security.

The plan of record is to include an automatic activity updater
(separate from the base system updater) in update.2 to properly
migrate activities when base APIs change.  If our update.1 process
stretches out long enough, I might be able to squeeze that in update.1
(help wanted!  see http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/4951 ).
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )