default jabber server?

Wilson Farrell wilsonfarrell at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 22:05:40 EST 2008

Following the new and the old yields the same result for me, but the new
page required less trial and error.  The new page was much easier to
follow.  Thanks!  In the old instructions the setup of the shared roster
were not correct ("subtly" incorrect I suppose, but if you follow the
directions literally, I can assure you they were not correct).  They
were corrected on the ejabberd configuration page recently.

When you say "Collaboration works", do you mean that sharing an activity
will result in that shared activity appearing on the "neighborhood" view
of other XO's connected to your ejabberd server.  I have to explicitly
invite a user to an activity for it to appear on that remote XO's view.
  That appears to be the only issue I am having.  Collaboration seems to
be fine, once I am invited to and join a shared activity.  Finding the
shared activities in the first place seems to be the problem.

You should know that I am running 653 on two OLPC (one actual G1G1 and
the other in a VM) connected to an ejabberd server (on a separate VM).
I understand that my XO software is a bit dated.  I was going to wait
until update.1 was out to start troubleshooting this again, but there
were a couple of posts that got me all stirred up about it.  I know
everyone is busy with testing.  As far as I am concerned this is a low
priority issue, but I do continue to watch the list for any nugget that
can help.

Thanks!

Wilson