default jabber server?

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 13:20:50 EST 2008

Wilson Farrell wrote:
> If anyone gets ejabberd running correctly using those instructions,
> please let me (or just the list) know.  I posted a while back with a
> list of issues and received no response.  I got busy with other things.
>   This thread brought it all back.

I think I've resolved all your issues with my instructions - see my
previous mail to devel@ about http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Installing_ejabberd.

> I believe the "setting up shared roster" roster is not correct, and I
> had every intention of updating the wiki as soon as I figure out what
> was wrong... that never happened.

It was subtly incorrect, as a result of a change from using a complete
shared roster (@all@) to the @online@ group.

I have corrected that page, but I think you'll find [[Installing
ejabberd]] easier to follow.

Regards
Morgan