ejabberd instructions

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk
Tue Mar 4 09:43:18 EST 2008

For those interested in running community jabber servers (G1G1 etc) I've
put instructions on building ejabberd from source at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Installing_ejabberd.

(The instructions at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ejabberd_Configuration
are more developer-orientated, so expect to find experimental options
there but step-by-step instructions at the above page.)

There's a directory of community jabber servers at:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_Jabber_Servers - listing the
community they are relevant for.

Please don't join a server unless you are part of the relevant
community: the servers can only handle +-100 users at this stage, and if
arbitrary people log on, it will cause the server to be unavailable to
everyone.

I'm happy to help people getting servers up and running, and improving
the instructions on the wiki. (If anyone can contribute instructions for
Fedora or other distros, please do so!)

I'll add instructions for using rpms and debs once we've got up to date
packages.

Regards
Morgan