Need Help

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue Mar 4 04:12:35 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 6:54 AM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  Waqas Toor wrote:
>  | Hello All,
>  | I am having a problem and unable to find any solution regarding that,
>  | I have written an activity in using GTK and glade, and have sugarized
>  | it according to the hello world tutorial in wiki. but still i dont
>  | know what is going on as the icon of the activity stays in the ring
>  | and then disappears after some time, i have rechecked my code again
>  | and again and cant find any thing that is of Coding error
>  | can anybody please see the log i am attaching and tell me is rainbow
>  | stoping it ??
>
>  You appear to have discovered a bug in Rainbow, which is dying with an
>  assertion failure.  Until Rainbow is fixed, you should do as Walter
>  suggested and disable Rainbow.

Ben is right. I think the problem is that your activity dir is world
writable, you could try changing that and continue testing your
activity inside Rainbow. Compare the permissions of your activity dir
and contents with other activities.

Can you enter a ticket about this? I don't know if Rainbow should
abort the launch in these cases, but certainly should give a more
helpful message.

Thanks,

Tomeu