Testing 200 XO's in two weeks time for Nepal's pilot

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 02:26:43 EST 2008

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/4/08, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  <.snipped>
>

>  > You're talking about testing the keyboard layout and fonts. What about
>  > localization of software?
>  >
>  > According to Pootle, except possibly for XO-Bundled (89%), the Nepali
>  > localization is not in good shape. The rest of the modules are less
>  > than half translated, and Etoys less than 1%.
>  >
>  > Sayamindu, how many people do we have working on this?
>  >

>  As per user account stats in Pootle, we have five people signed up for
>  Nepali translations.

Is there a way for me to find out these things, or do I have to ask
you each time?

Is there a way for me to communicate with these five other than a
blast to the whole localization mailing list?

I asked two other questions:

>  > What organizations are involved?

>  > Why aren't there more?

Please take a look at the Recruiting Localizers section of the
Localization Wiki page. I want to see the same information for Nepali.
Do I need to do it myself, as I did for Khmer, or can I get some help?

Actually, I want to see the same kind of information for the 60 or so
languages in Pootle, and quite a few more. Is anybody willing? Having
some of you for each language and country spend a little of your time
on gathering information and recruiting others to the cause will get
us through much faster than keeping all your heads down and doing the
work with the few people we have now.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/