WDS problems observed in today's testing

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Mon Mar 3 11:49:55 EST 2008

jim wrote:
 > These were WRT54GL's running OpenWRT, just to ask the exact
 > configuration?
 >
 > Note that (the last I heard) some of the newer WRT54G's have too little
 > RAM to run OpenWRT, which is why the WRT54GL model was introduced, IIRC.

i just searched the openwrt site to confirm that what jim says
above is still true.  it seems to be:  no openwrt support on the
small-memory linksys boxes.  i thought i recalled an effort to
support them, but perhaps it didn't bear fruit,

what i did find is that at least some parts of the openwrt site
claim that openwrt is running and working on the OLPC laptop itself.
(perhaps this is old news here.)

paul