Serious problems with "rescan networks on wakeup" feature.

Ixo X oxI ixo at myna.ws
Sun Mar 2 23:35:18 EST 2008

One thought, to add to the mix...

How about designing the best solution for the 'deployment / school'
situation, then offering a method for users to optionally 'tweak' the
setting for their preference / situation.  Like a sugar-control-panel option
to 'show mesh enable/disable scan option'...  then a "enable scan" or
"disable scan"  will appear in 'Neighborhood View'... as selectable items
under "Mesh 1", "Mesh 6", and "Mesh 11" icons.

In a school/deployment situation, does the laptop always want to search for
Meshes... even when the student is at home?

Oh, sorry.. there were several ideas there melded into one.... :-)
-Ixo