Serious problems with "rescan networks on wakeup" feature.

Thomas Tuttle olpc at ttuttle.net
Sun Mar 2 19:49:22 EST 2008

Hi.

I just upgraded to joyride-1738, and the new feature that rescans for
networks when the laptop wakes up is causing a lot of trouble for me.  I
often leave long-running connections such as IMAP or IRC open.  Before
the change, the laptop would wake up, the card would reassociate, and
there was a good chance that my connection would still be up.  After the
change, the connections are almost always dropped, even if I just turned
the laptop off for a few seconds.

What would be *great* is if it waited 5 or 10 seconds, tried the
existing connection, and then restarted scanning *if* it wasn't working
anymore.  The lag isn't that bad, and it makes the experience where you
just closed the laptop a minute ago and are still on the same network
better.

If there's anything I can do to help with this, please let me know!

Cheers,

Thomas Tuttle