show me the code

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat Mar 1 10:01:09 EST 2008

On Mar 1, 2008, at 9:12 , Christoph Derndorfer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we're currently here at the Linux days in Chemnitz, Germany and as
> always the XOs are receiving a lot of attention. Interestingly we've
> also been asked about the „show me the code“ functionality a couple of
> times already. Now I'd like to know what the current status of that
> feature was, whether someone is actively working on it already, when
> it's expected to land, etc.

AFAIK the only activities supporting the view-source key currently
are Chat (which opens its source code in Pippy), Browse (showing the
HTML source code) and Etoys (showing a menu giving access to code
browsers and other tools).

It works only on certain combinations of hardware and software. Like,
on my B4 with Arabic keyboard at 693, fn-space does not generate the
correct keyboard symbol (XF86Start). Browse has Ctrl-U as alternative
shortcut, Etoys supports Ctrl-"," (comma) and Chat has no alternative
shortcut. On my MP machine with English keyboard, fn-space works.

- Bert -