OLPC-Update + RPMs WAS:Re: OLPC XO Opera browser as Sugar activity

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Jun 30 19:10:23 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 6:50 PM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>> how many different deployment builds do you think are being supported at
>> this time? I think it's still in the single digits.
>
> I expect this to change quite drastically soon.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.  Someday we may be able to support
lots of different configurations.  Today, we will only be successful
if we can limit the number of configurations in the field to a
testable number (and then test them!).

That's the whole point of the core OS / activities split.  Do whatever
you like on the activities side, because that's your primary value-add
(you == countries).  We can also technically ensure that one bad
activity won't spoil the whole bunch.  We will in turn provide you
with a core OS which is as stable and functional as we know how.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )