embedding evince

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Sun Jun 29 11:18:17 EDT 2008

Aleksandar Kalev wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any additional information/documentation
> (besides the source code of the Read activity) on how to embed evince
> in a Python application.

Hi, I'm afraid we don't have any written docs like that. If I had to do
another activity that used the evince python bindings, I would first
read Read's code and then see if the existing bindings in evince.def are
enough. You can find some apidocs about that in the evince C sources. If
you need to add bindings, see how evince.defs is done and send patches.

Also, note that we are shipping a forked package of evince containing a
few patches to evince itself, some work to put the evince code in a
shared lib, plus the python bindings themselves. All this should be
upstreamable, but nobody has found the time yet. If someone wanted to do
such contribution, would be very welcome.

Regards,

Tomeu