Olpc3 vs Joyride

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sun Jun 29 17:30:37 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> That's what it used to show ... had not heard of the demise of olpc3,
> and I thought update.1 was a done deal.
>
> But as you wish :)
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/update.1-joyride.html
>
> Hope it's helpful.

It's useful because it helps me keep a tab on bloat & whether we've
inadvertently dropped anything important since our last 'stable'.
It's currently telling me that http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7353 still
has a lot of work to be done. (sigh)

Any chance you could add a size comparison to that page?  The .img
sizes are a good measure of 'space on NAND' and the .usb sizes are a
good "uncompressed size" (roughly the size taken up by the build on
the upgrade server, for instance).  I'd like to insist that we not
ship 8.2 until we're within x% of the size of 8.1 (update.1), for some
small value of x.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )