First Draft Development Process Proposal

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Sun Jun 29 05:20:57 EDT 2008

Michael Stone wrote:
> Bryan,
>
> Thanks very much for the detailed feedback. Here are my comments:
>
>> 1) Be able to remove activities to free up space, including activities
>> that come pre-installed.
>
> Noted. Can you or Bernie supply a patch which accomplishes the desired
> behavior? If someone can come up with a halfway decent patch, I'm more
> than happy to try to see that this gets resolved.

If possible, try to coordinate with Eben. I think that we can find a
simple solution that can be accepted in Sugar and won't need to change
in the near future (which could be a problem from the support point of
view). (This may be better discussed in trac)

>> 3) Stable collaboration :) I know this is a hard one.
>
> We just put Cerebro into joyride. We think that some activities, such as
> Read, will be easy to modify to use it. You might try it and see. Which
> activities do you care about most in this regard?
>
> (If you want to play with Cerebro on your existing image, then just
> install the RPM and poke Polychronis if you need help.)

I thought the plan was to find a way to use Cerebro without having to
rewrite activities. Has this changed or are you just suggesting a short
term solution?

Regards,

Tomeu