First Draft Development Process Proposal

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Jun 28 23:07:03 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted a first pass Release Process Overview.
>
> See: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_Process_Home

I'd added a number of comments to that page.

Major points: I recommend adopting Fedora's freeze definitions, I
propose a '8.1+peru-2' system for referring to combinations of core OS
+ activities, I ask for clarity on the intended scope of minor
releases, and I formally request synchronizing our release schedule
with Fedora's.

And I offer cranky comments at various points, just to stay in character. =)
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )