OLPC-Update + RPMs WAS:Re: OLPC XO Opera browser as Sugar activity

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Sat Jun 28 10:54:29 EDT 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 10:45 AM,  <pgf at laptop.org> wrote:
> "which" is redundant with "type -a" in the shell (or "type -ap" if you're
> being picky).

But is 'which' large enough to merit the effort?

> when/how would "lrzsz" be useful?

Many folks using Windows as their primary home OS find themselves with
ssh clients which don't support scp.  (Judging from my girlfriend's
use) they seem to use lrzsz as a replacement for scp, and the popular
windows client (sorry, don't know the name) implements the other size
of the zmodem transfer.

Yes, it seems incredibly baroque to me -- why didn't the windows
client just implement scp? who thought zmodem was a good idea? -- but
that's the way things go.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )