Testing power management on Fedora 9.

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Fri Jun 27 16:19:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

If you want to test automatic suspends without wireless on the latest
joyride builds, here are some instructions.  I measured battery life
of over 16 hours with this setup last week (with occasional wakeups):

   # /usr/sbin/ohmd
   # echo 0 > /sys/power/wlan-enabled
   (leave the touchpad/keyboard alone for a minute or so)

I'm working on a Sugar Control Panel pane for power, and there's an
ohmd segfault at startup (#7359) to chase down.  Builds newer than
joyride-2079 have Deepak's workaround for the SD bug, which should
remove SD card corruption on resume and also allow suspend/resume
with either swap or the root fs on SD.  Please give it a try!

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>