Running regular X11 apps

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 04:33:53 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Sayamindu Dasgupta <sayamindu at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I gathered from my experiments, I think it makes sense for
> us to go with Metacity + maximus. That would require no code changes
> in metacity and minor changes in sugar. If we want to support activity
> icons though, we would probably require some more code changes in
> sugar.

Something that I wonder about the maximus approach... If you maximize
the window when it's already mapped, won't you get a visible redraw?

The advantage of the maximus approach to me is that you get
applications like firefox to run fullscreen without code changes.
Though stuff like gimp or the gnome calculator (try to maximize it on
your desktop) will break.

Marco