touchpad issues on 2072

Erik Garrison erik at laptop.org
Thu Jun 26 15:47:46 EDT 2008

On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 09:20:49PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> Am 26.06.2008 um 20:32 schrieb Bobby Powers:
>
> > On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Mark Bauer <mark at zjunk.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> I upgraded my G1G1 as I have many times to the latest joyride build
> >> (2072).  The touchpad is almost impossible to use, about 0.5" of
> >> movement will send the pointer all the way across the display.  Then
> >> it locks up the pointer for 20 or 30 seconds.  The rest of the
> >> machine is still running, and the keyboard is fine.  I have attempted
> >> to olpc-update -r -f -v joyride-2076, but that seems to have a
> >> problem with one of the libraries (libicui18n.so.36).  Anyone else
> >> having this problem, or do I need to reflash my machine back to
> >> a known good state.
> >
> > as mentioned in the first ticket,
> > xset m 1 0

A variety of changes to the build have rendered the once sane default
setting for cursor acceleration (xset m 7/4 0) unusable.

xset m 7/6 0

... has been included as a patch to olpc-utils and should appear in a
joyride quite soon.  You must type this into a terminal running within
sugar for it to obtain a connection to the X server and change the
settings.

> I find it completely unusable unless I apply this workaround:
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7362

This is very interesting.  I will investigate.

Erik