etoys now available in Debian's non-free repository

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Jun 26 13:16:33 EDT 2008

> Right. I'm also not explaining why software freedom is
> good, why maintainability is good, why interoperability
> is good, etc. Values are values.

  That is alright.  You tried several claims to say Etoys is not open
source based on incorrect ideas, and now it seems that you exhausted
such claims.  So we are probaly in the agreement that Etoys is open
source.  That is all that matters.

  Whether is is easy to maintain, etc. aren't the central issue.

> I got that. The fundamental problem is the patch collection.  There
> is a problem even if you can distribute the result.  Patches need to
> be applied. If you do that, and distribute a blob, then we're back
> to the blob problem.  If you don't do that, then we have the Minix
> problem.

  There is no real "blob" involved in this discussion, so I don't know
what to say.

-- Yoshiki