SuperUser permission for the Driver??

pgf at laptop.org pgf at laptop.org
Thu Jun 26 11:49:18 EDT 2008

james wrote:
 > But /etc/udev/rules.d is executed as root, so your activity would still
 > need excessive privilege.

unless i'm misunderstanding, it seems to me that this is a
problem that needs to be solved -- there are lots of little
user-oriented USB devices that an activity might like to have
access to -- serial, GPS, cameras, etc.  just as we make USB
storage devices accessible to the user, we need to allow for
other types of h/w accessories.  (i have an activity that needs
this as well, if it's to be useable without unix commandline
knowledge.)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at laptop.org