Want to package PostgreSQL for OLPC

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 14:39:12 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim at commandprompt.com> wrote:
> python-psycopg2 is there, but not php-pgsql. The question is: Is
> php-pgsql already in OLPC package set? If yes, we have compat packages
> to satisfy dependencies. If not, I can give it a shot.

It's not mentioned in our current metapackage. I would go for a
libpq4-based php-pgsql if possible.

> Maybe we can solve this issue during initdb process, and copy the
> preconfigured config file based on the memory to data directory after we
> run initdb.

Probably not tied to initdb - service init is the right time to assess
physical RAM, copes with HW changes that may happen between boots, and
also allows us to deploy new versions of the template files.

> BTW... I must admit that I did not work for OLPC project before, so I
> don't know how to do things.

Nothing too special here :-) - it's a F7 system that aims to be as
"appliance-like" as possible.

thanks!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions