olpc-dm ck-connector patch

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue Jun 24 04:50:27 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 4:09 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, so I have a theory which I *hope* explains the whole thing.
> In Fedora 7 xinit had ConsoleKit support implemented as a patch:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/xorg-x11-xinit/F-7/xinit-1.0.2-2-poke-ck.patch?rev=1.1&view=log
> This worked fine for us.
> In Fedora 9, ConsoleKit support is implemented as a small executable
> run by xinitrc:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/xorg-x11-xinit/F-9/ck-xinit-session.c?rev=1.1&view=log
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/xorg-x11-xinit/F-9/xinitrc?rev=1.5&view=markup
> Now, olpc-dm is calling startx like this:
> execl("/usr/bin/startx", "startx", "/usr/bin/olpc-session", "--",
> "-fp", "built-ins", "-wr", NULL);
> Which means that the default xinitrc is not executed and hence we
> never run ck-xinit-session.
> *If* my theory is correct (I can't verify it right now) then fixing
> this could be as easy as running ck-xinit-session from olpc-session.

Hmm, who calls olpc-session? It doesn't appear in pstree.

Modifying startx to call xinit inside ck-xinit-session didn't fixed
these issues:

     │      ├─login───bash
     │      ├─mingetty
     │      └─olpc-dm───startx───ck-xinit-sessio───xinit─┬─X

Any other idea?