[RFC] Unscheduled Software Release for SD Card Corruption Workaround

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Wed Jun 25 12:27:53 EDT 2008

Deepak,
I think you should feel free to release information and kernel rpms to the
devel list, pretty much whenever you want since you (or others) can answer
questions and help people who want to try this out. I would consider this as
'developer testing' -- which is great and shouldn't get bogged down in too
much process.

The benefit of going through a 'release process', in general, is to get the
feature or bug fix out to the general public, documented (and supportable),
after a more formal QA process. After you are happy with the developer
testing, if there is a big enough demand in the general public we can go
through the unscheduled release process to get a formal build, testing, and
release (8.1.1). If the demand isn't too large and the timing is such that
we are pretty close to 8.2.0 release, then we should target it for that
release.

Kim