Setting up the mesh device

Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos ypod at mit.edu
Tue Jun 24 18:09:58 EDT 2008

Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> I'm setting the ESSID on the msh0 interface indeed. But i never get an
> association event on it.. While i even get an association event on eth0 when
> it's not up (but with msh0 being up obviously) :) Seems i've got some more bugs
> to file

Why would you set an ESSID on the mshX interface in the first place? I
understand that, from a solid layering perspective, you should be able
to set essids on mshX since it's treated as a wireless interface, but it
would logically separate network users. It's hard enough as it is to
discover nodes in different channels (although different channels do
have a radio scaling advantage).

p.

--
Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos