SuperUser permission for the Driver??

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 08:05:57 EDT 2008

Hi,

      I have USB devices (not storage devices, just some usb devices), which
I can use along with my application on the olpc. The driver for these USB
devices are third paty drivers so I have to detach the kernel usb driver so
that I can use my own driver for that USB device. For this I need to have
super user privileges while running my application.

     I am new to programming on Linux. Could anybody point me as to how I
can give superuser privileges to my driver code.

Thanks
Shivaprasad