How USB's are enumerated on the XO

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 07:48:52 EDT 2008

The USB device that I am connecting is not a storage drive. so there is no
way I can copy a file containing a unique UUID on the device. I just need
one unique parameter for the device when it is connected to the system. On
the XO according to the /proc/bus/usb/devices file It is the port no. But If
have a normal fedora machine it is the bus no.

I just wanted to know If this is because of the way in which the USB
hardware is organised on the olpc/