olpc-dm, olpc-utils, olpc-session, rainbow etc

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Mon Jun 23 20:17:54 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 09:35:02PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there is now a sugar desktop profile in Debian Edu, it doesnt really work yet,
> but its there :)
>
> (Debian Edu modifies the debian installer so that you can choose between 4 (or
> 6, in expert mode) profiles which install specific sets of packages and apply
> certain preconfigurations.)
>
> And now I'm wondering what is needed to make the install mimic the fedora
> install, besides the various sugar packages I for sure need matchbox and
> network-manager, anything else?
>
> Where is olpc-session kept? (Of course I can copy it from my XO, but... :)

On-XO,

  rpm -qif `which olpc-session`

reports that olpc-session is owned by olpc-utils. You can track down the
sources for olpc-utils by reading the olpc-utils spec file out of Fedora
CVS, or by asking around, as you have done.

> Is this the latest olpc-util package:
> http://people.redhat.com/sundaram/olpc-utils-0.15-1.fc7.src.rpm ?

Nope. You'd want to run something like:

  koji latest-pkg dist-olpc2 olpc-utils

or, on a recent build,

  rpm -qi olpc-utils

(Also, if koji isn't available on your OS, then please consider
packaging it; it's very handy for investigating the Fedora build
system.)

As it happens, the olpc-utils source code is maintained at

  http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-utils

> Where do I find the sources for rainbow?

  http://dev.laptop.org/git/security

Let me know if you require any assistance with rainbow or olpc-utils.

Michael