olpc-dm, olpc-utils, olpc-session, rainbow etc

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Jun 23 15:35:02 EDT 2008

Hi,

there is now a sugar desktop profile in Debian Edu, it doesnt really work yet,
but its there :)

(Debian Edu modifies the debian installer so that you can choose between 4 (or
6, in expert mode) profiles which install specific sets of packages and apply
certain preconfigurations.)

And now I'm wondering what is needed to make the install mimic the fedora
install, besides the various sugar packages I for sure need matchbox and
network-manager, anything else?

And I need the olpc-utils, /usr/sbin/olpc-dm and /usr/bin/olpc-session, at
least, though there is more in /usr/bin and /usr/sbin starting with olpc* on
a fedora install :)

I found some sources for olpc-dm on http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/olpc-utils/
but those are from 2007. Are those the latest?

Where is olpc-session kept? (Of course I can copy it from my XO, but... :)

Is this the latest olpc-util package:
http://people.redhat.com/sundaram/olpc-utils-0.15-1.fc7.src.rpm ?

Where do I find the sources for rainbow?

Thanks & regards,
	Holger