How USB's are enumerated on the XO

shivaprasad javali jbsp72 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 10:14:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

      I have a usb device to be used with my application which does not have
any unique serial no. I noticed that when I connect two such devices to the
XO , In the /proc/bus/usb/devices file the Bus for the two remains the same
but the port no is different for the two. When I connect the same two
devices to a normal machine running fedora core 7, Its the Bus that changes
for the two and the port no remains the same.

      The XO that I have is relatively old. So I wanted to know whether this
is what is expected on the XO or Is it different on the later versions of
the XO.

Thanks
Shivaprasad