OLPC XO Opera browser as Sugar activity

Stevens informatics at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 20 22:35:48 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I run Opera on the XO, but if started as an activity it doesn't run
(it runs fine when started from terminal). There is a note on the
Opera install page that there is an incompatibility between Rainbow
and Opera:

"Note: There is at present an incompatibility between the Opera
activity and the OLPC Rainbow security system on some builds. If when
you launch the Opera activity, the screen goes blank and stays blank,
you have likely encountered that incompatibility."
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Opera

That is the symptom I encounter.

Could one of you tell me what this incompatibility is, and how to
remove it? I'm using build 703, the latest stable build.

-Peter