Add sysfs interface to enable/disable wakeup events

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at
Fri Jun 13 19:20:42 EDT 2008

On 13/06/08 19:05 -0400, Chris Ball wrote:
> Hi Deepak,
>    > Here's the initial patch (vs testing kernel) for #6010 to provide
>    > an interface that OHM can use to enable/disable wakeup events. It
>    > still needs error handling for the ec_cmd() calls but other than
>    > that it is ready to be tested.
> Looks good.  I was hoping for a lid-switch attribute as well -- Richard
> and Jordan, does that route through the Southbridge, or should it be
> listed here?  (If it should be, where in the SCI mask is it?)

Yes, the lid goes through the southbridge.  FYI - the lid is already
being added as a platform device, and we register ourselves as
"wakeup-able".  you should be able to control that through
/sys/devices/platform/lid/power/wakeup, though I don't know if anybody
has ever tried it.

> Similarly, I'm guessing there's no way for the EC to inhibit power
> button press wakeups?

It is technically possible, since the signal is routed through the EC,
but I don't know if such a thing has been implemented (or even if such
a thing is desireable).

The power button wakeup can be controlled at the southbridge level, but
though that might also not be desirable since the EC will already have
started a wakeup process when it sees the signal.  I know not what would
happen if the processor didn't wake up when the EC did.

If you do want to try to stick beans up your nose, then
/sys/devices/platform/powerbutton/power/wakeup should be available,
actual functionality may differ, please consult your local kernel for
details and rebate offers.

Jordan Crouse
Systems Software Development Engineer
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.