MPP tests

Michail Bletsas mbletsas at laptop.org
Tue Jun 17 22:33:59 EDT 2008

giannisgalanis at gmail.com wrote on 06/17/2008 12:27:15 AM:

> **Michali, I have a question for u:
> In the case that some XOs are many hops away(>5 and <10) from the
> School, can an XO at halfway act as an MPP to practically increase the
ttl?
> I can understand that it would probably work if the MPP had two mshX
> ifaces on diff channels(the second to be an active antenna)..
> Is this a good way to bridge two mesh clouds?

Our MPP functionality operates at layer-3 (IP) so it can't really act as a
bridge. (We should really start calling it "internet sharing")
In real scenarios, unless somebody carefuly places XOs, chains of more
than 3 or 4 XOs will be highly unprobable...
Assuming such a chain though, as long as everybody is in the same channel,
having an MPP in the middle will only help in dividing broadcasts.

M.