Trac: release management

Wade Brainerd wadetb at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 23:01:41 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:45 AM, Noah Kantrowitz <noah at coderanger.net> wrote:
>> I know there is a Git plugin for Trac, anyone know why it isn't
>> installed?  I would love to see commits on the Trac Timeline RSS feed,
>> and the Trac source browser is pretty nice too.
>
> People requested we stay with gitweb as everyone was familiar with it.

Would anyone be opposed to having both installed?  The Browse Sources
link would use Trac, but there could be a prominent link to gitweb on
the main wiki page.

Gitweb offers tarball snapshots, and might make better use of Git's
terminology (but I'm not sure).

Trac offers ticket links from commit comments, integration with the
timeline, a source line annotation view, syntax highlighting, diff
between arbitrary revisions, not to mention the web 2.0 interface :).
I am a big fan of the timeline integration personally, it's a great
way to sense the activity areas of the project when a lot of the code
is hosted on the central server.

A good site for checking out the Trac browser is Trac itself,
http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/.

Anyone else have an opinion on the matter or am I the only one?

Regards,
Wade