Upgrade G1G1 using autoreinstallation method

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Jun 13 19:58:31 EDT 2008

Not knowing more about what you've done, I have
to ask a lot of v. simple questions.

When you say "move on", you have manually associated each
laptop with the AP once, right ?   And the ESSID hasn't changed ?

How realiable is the failure ?   Do all XOs "move on" to mesh
mode, or is this only a problem with a (random) few ?

How many XOs on each channel ?

You could be seeing a failure of DHCP to actually occur.
Have you checked /var/log/messages on a failing laptop ?

Cheers,
wad