Switching to Kreyol ?

Bastien bzg at altern.org
Thu Jun 12 23:01:28 EDT 2008

Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> writes:

>> Mhh..  I can't seem to find a good reference on this. I will try to
>> ask to some haitian developers.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kreyol
>   The word Kreyol may mean:
>     * Liberian Kreyol language
>     * Haitian Creole language (KreyĆ²l ayisyen)
>     * Kreyol Lwiziyen (Louisiana Creole)
>
> People in the US are probably familiar with Creole from the New Orleans
> region.  (We bought Louisiana from France in 1803.)

Thanks*.  The question is: where are the GNU/Linux users who configure
their machine so that it speaks Kreyol?  What is the equivalent of the
en_EN.UTF-8 code then?

I expect many of these users to be from the haitian diaspora, thus using
canadian or french locale...

* Not for the deal about Louisiana, of course.

--
Bastien