Release Status Report - 8.2.0

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Jun 12 19:40:22 EDT 2008

Hi Deepak,

   > On Jun 12 2008, at 18:12, Michael Stone was caught saying:
   >> * I'm EXPECTING major changes in:
   >>
   >> e) Manually enabled power management - Chris/Scott/Deepak

   > Chris, Scott, what all do you need from kernel side for this?
   > Specific trac defects would be good. :)

The direct dependencies are modular USB (#6935) and being able to turn
off the wireless chipset (#3355).

Before we can ship power management, though, we should also fix:
  * the SD corruption bug (#6532) -- if we can't fix it in time, we can
    inhibit suspend when an SD card is plugged in.
  * pushing wakeup decisions to the EC (#6010) -- this will make the
    wakeup logic more reliable.

Thanks!

- Chris.
--