journal object transfer for 8.2

Michael Stone michael at
Mon Jun 9 16:57:58 EDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 04:18:10PM -0400, Walter Bender wrote:
> I would argue otherwise. Since Sugar has no control over the
> robustness of the network, having some way of sharing at a basic level
> from the Journal is seemingly a high priority.

My feeling is that since Sugar has no control over the robustness of the
network, the feature will function poorly, if at all. Consequently, I
would rather see bug-fixes which will bring the system closer to its
intended operation with high probability. However, this is just a
personal preference. I'm (mostly) happy to release whatever you send my
way, so long as it fixes more problems than it creates.

> Half of the high-priority bugs in the link you provide are in fact not
> really Sugar bugs, but subsystem bugs. The others don't seem to be
> particularly pressing.

Perhaps a few hours of triage are called for? Here are a few of my
favorites:  <--- Zoom buttons should cycle  <--- Populate activity ring  <--- Cancel activity startup  <--- Force activity shutdown  <--- Access point UI  <--- Robustness to failure  <--- Non-ASCII Activity Names  <--- Activity startup times  <--- Cloaked APs  <--- 802.1x for NY,UY!  <--- Session API