cerebro in sugar (was Re: New, more realistic multi-hop network testbed)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue Jun 10 12:04:33 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 4:16 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> The basic hang-up here is that our currently shareable activities are
> built on Telepathy but there are few OLPC-related people who understand
> and enjoy the Telepathy stack.

I must have missed something, because I don't understand nor enjoy
most (any?) of the software I depend on. But as it allows me to get
the work done, even if I get crazy sometimes, I just get into the
source and try to make some sense out of it.

How many people you know that understands and enjoys any of mozilla,
gtk, pygtk, abiword, X, cairo, etc? When you get so high on the stack,
you find lots of compromises already made for situations different
than yours. And then you have to workaround those workarounds to adapt
to your specific situation. How can someone understand all that and
even more, enjoy it?

There may be some other reasons why nobody wants to tackle this task?

Regards,

Tomeu