Trac Triage

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Mon Jun 9 13:52:36 EDT 2008

Jim pointed out that he shouldn't be owning the default trac component
so we made a new one called 'not assigned' to contain bugs which have
never been assigned to a component. Bugs which require that a new
component be created can be assigned to the 'new component' component or
can be left 'not assigned' and marked as blocking on a component
creation ticket.

We have not marked anyone as the owner of the 'not assigned' component.
We have not migrated old distro tickets to the 'not assigned' component.
We discussed making a 'triage' or 'janitors' list to own the
'not-assigned' component.
We also considered creating a report for sampling trac weekly for new
'not assigned' tickets and for mailing results to devel at .

Thoughts on how to organize ticket triage would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Michael