8.1.1 Bugfix Release Deliverables?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Jun 7 00:59:20 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
> Kim and I chatted for a few minutes today about what deliverables we're
> expecting for 8.1.1.
>
> Clearly, a signed Q2D16, a signed OS, an unsigned OS, an unsigned
> emulator image, tarballs, and release notes are among them.
>
> How about a signed peru-70x-n?

No, I don't think so.  Peru is standardizing on a single
build; I don't think there's a benefit to splitting their deployments
between 8.1 and 8.1.1.  Let's reevaluate this only when 8.1.1 is at
the maturity level of 8.1.

> How about a signed g1g1-70x-n?

Likely, but someone needs to define what the "g1g1 activity set" is
(in particular, what versions of every activity to use) and test it,
document bugs in release notes or fix them, check translation
completion, etc, etc.  Do we really want to undertake that?  On the
other hand, do we really want to make a build without a certified set
of activities to go with it?

I believe the goal is to give g1g1-8.1.1-n to Quanta as the new
shipping build, which means it will likely show up on (at least some)
G1G1v2 machines, etc, etc.  I think that means we do need to undertake
the effort needed to make a high quality g1g1 activities bundle based
on 8.1.1.  That will take time.
 --scott

--
                        ( http://cscott.net/ )