Wikipedia activity - unstoppable... bug?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Wed Jun 4 11:41:30 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

here in Lima, I'm debugging a problem that the local team has shown me
with the wilkipedia activity not starting for a second time. The
problem is that the server never really closes, so the 2nd invocation
finds the socket taken, and can't use it. Apparently this is a common
issue with SimpleHTTPServer.

We need to be able to close the server when the app closes.

I am starting to work on this - but can't get on irc, fascist fw - so
if you ahve anyhint, welcome :-)

So far my plan is to

 - learn what signal/event we get from Sugar when the app is closed
(do we get one?). I'm *so* not a Sugar developer ;-)

 - Try if a SIGHUP or SIGTERM will bring it down cleanly - if so, try
and send one to the process on close

 - If signals are not the way, try the recipe at

Ah, I see that there's a known bug and some recent patches for it:;a=summary - do we know
what version of the code is in Peru's 703-5 image?

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect